iRealty Experts will help you find the perfect Upper Arlington home for sale. Contact us today to experience the iRealty Experts difference.
Upper Arlington is located approximately 6.0 miles northwest of downtown Columbus in Franklin County. It is within a 15-minute drive to downtown Columbus.
About the Area
Upper Arlington, founded in 1913, has historic homes on large lots to new construction, with part of the area in the National Register of Historic Places. Upper Arlington features over 30 public parks covering a total of 170 acres. Many of the larger parks offer extensive athletic facilities, historical significance, and wooded nature preserves. Mallway Park is centered in the city’s original business district. There are several libraries and Upper Arlington maintains its own fire and police departments. The city also operates three public swimming pools located at the Tremont Elementary school, and the Jones and Hastings middle schools.
Upper Arlington is known for its highly rated public schools, the Lane Avenue commercial corridor, and the prestigious Scioto Country Club. It is home to several churches and synagogues, numerous historic sites, popular dining spots, and pieces of outdoor sculpture. The historic suburb is perhaps best known, however, for its large houses and estates overlooking the Scioto River.
Upper Arlington has its own school district and has one early childhood education facility, five elementary schools, two middle and one high school. There are several private schools and two Catholic grade schools offering K-8 programs and preschool childcare centers.
Public: Upper Arlington School District
- The Upper Arlington School District received an overall grade of B for the 2018-2019 school year.
- 83% of the district’s revenue is derived from local property and income taxes.
- It has a 98% graduation rate.
- It offers extensive higher-level courses and membership in the international baccalaureate program.
- This school has received numerous accolades including the highest number of national merit finalists in Ohio’s public schools.
Private: Wellington School, St. Timothy School, St. Timothy School
- Wellington School was founded in 1982 and is located in Upper Arlington at 3650 Reed Road. It is an independent, coeducational, preschool-through-grade 12, college-preparatory day school. The 2020-2021 tuition fees range from $12,850-$26,800 a year however, tuition assistance and Merit Scholarships are available.
- St. Timothy School is located in Upper Arlington at 1070 Thomas Lane It is a full-day kindergarten through eighth grade Catholic school, with bus service from Columbus, Worthington, and Upper Arlington school districts. The 2018-2019 tuition fee is $6,600 a year however, financial aid is available.
- St. Andrew School is a Catholic school for grades kindergarten through eighth grade and also offers preschool. It is located in Upper Arlington at 4081 Reed Road. Tuition fees for the 2019-2020 range from $4,760 to $6,500 per year and financial assistance and subsidies are available.
Higher Education: The Ohio State University
- The Ohio State University was founded in 1870 and is located approximately 1.0 mile east, within a five-minute drive from most areas. It is a public four-year undergraduate institution and graduate school, and also offers a Law and Medical schools.
Upper Arlington Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.