Downtown | Short North
iRealty Experts will help you find the perfect downtown Columbus home for sale. Contact us today to experience the iRealty Experts difference.
Popular downtown neighborhoods include Victorian Village, Italian Village, the Arena District, Short North Arts District, and River South District.
About the Area
Victorian Village, founded in the mid-1800s, is one of the most atmospheric neighborhoods in the Midwest. It offers the lovingly restored Victorian homes, shops, art galleries, bars, dining, and sidewalks full of historic charm and modern amenities. The University District is to the north and the Short North Arts District is to the west.
Victorian Village is known for The Short North Arts District, Gallery Hop, ComFest, the Doo Dah Parade, and charming Victorian houses along Neil Avenue and surrounding Goodale Park, many are on the National Register of Historical Places. It is a walkable and bikeable community. It is consistently ranked as one of the best neighborhoods in Columbus.
Italian Village, founded in 1862, is just north of downtown Columbus and just east of the Short North Arts District. It is a historical district known for multiple breweries, trendy dining, and charming Italianate-style homes; many are on the National Register of Historical Places. It is a walkable and bikeable community. It continues to grow and has become a prime location for up and coming Columbus businesses, and new and revitalized housing.
Short North Arts District
Known as the art and soul of Columbus, the culturally rich Short North Arts District is a pioneer in the urban revitalization of Central Ohio. It offers a vibrant neighborhood known for its wide variety of amazing art, dining, nightlife, fashion, home décor, and unique gifts. It is one of the top destination spots in Columbus for nightlife and entertainment.
The Arena District is one of the country’s premier office, sports, dining, and entertainment destinations. It offers 2.5 million square feet of Class A office space, 300,000 square feet of retail, restaurant, and entertainment venues, and more than 1,000 residential units. Nationwide Arena, Huntington Park, Express LIVE!, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, multiple hotels, an athletic club, and bars and restaurants attract 6.3 million visitors annually. Home to many of Columbus’ most prominent businesses, the vast amenities of the Arena District continue to attract the cities’ top talent.
The RiverSouth District is located along the Scioto River. Residents are within walking distance to the city’s abundant dining options, eclectic arts district, renowned shopping and entertainment, and major business centers.
The Columbus City School District has 109 schools. Students living in Victorian Village, Italian Village, and the Short North Arts, Arena and RiverSouth districts are most likely* to attend Weinland Park Elementary School or Hubbard Mastery School (PK-6th), Dominion Middle School, and Whetstone High School. (*Always check address with school district.)
Public: Columbus City Schools
- Is the largest school district in Ohio serving more than 50,000 students
- 109 schools in operation; 19 high schools, 20 middle schools, and 73 elementary schools housing seven preschools.
Private: Columbus School for Girls, St. Charles Preparatory School, St. Catherine School, Wellington School, St. Timothy School, St. Timothy School
- Columbus School for Girls was founded in 1908 and is located in the heart of Bexley at 65 S. Drexel Avenue. It is an all-girls school. The Columbus School for Girls is an accredited institution and has recognition from several professional groups. The 2018-2019 tuition fees range from $14,470-$27,890 a year however, tuition assistance and Merit Scholarships are available.
- St. Charles Preparatory School was founded in 1923 and is located in Bexley at 2010 Broad Street. It is an all-boys school. The school is an accredited, independent, four-year Catholic high school. The 2018-2019 tuition fees range from $9,295 to $10, 325 a year however, financial aid is available.
- St. Catherine School is a Catholic school for grades kindergarten through eighth grade and also offers preschool. It is located in Bexley at 2865 Fair Avenue. Tuition fees for the 2019-2020 range from $5,373 to $6,963 per year and financial assistance and subsidies are available.
- Wellington School was founded in 1982 and is located in Upper Arlington at 3650 Reed Road. It is an independent, coeducational, preschool-through-grade 12, college-preparatory day school. The 2020-2021 tuition fees range from $12,850-$26,800 a year however, tuition assistance and Merit Scholarships are available.
- St. Timothy School is located in Upper Arlington at 1070 Thomas Lane It is a full-day kindergarten through eighth grade Catholic school, with bus service from Columbus, Worthington, and Upper Arlington school districts. The 2018-2019 tuition fee is $6,600 a year however, financial aid is available.
- St. Andrew School is a Catholic school for grades kindergarten through eighth grade and also offers preschool. It is located in Upper Arlington at 4081 Reed Road. Tuition fees for the 2019-2020 range from $4,760 to $6,500 per year and financial assistance and subsidies are available.
Short North | Downtown Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.