iRealty Experts will help you find the perfect Westerville home for sale. Contact us today to experience the iRealty Experts difference.
Westerville is located approximately 15.0 miles northeast of downtown Columbus in Franklin and Delaware counties. It is within a 25-minute drive to downtown Columbus.
About the Area
Westerville, founded in 1840, has a variety of housing choices that range from new construction to historic homes. Westerville is known for its highly rated public schools, Otterbein University, and the historic Uptown Westerville. Uptown Westerville offers shopping, dining, entertainment, and is the location for 4th of July and the Westerville Music and Arts festival events. Westerville features nearly 30 public parks covering a total of over 400 acres. Many of the larger parks offer extensive athletic facilities, lakes, and wooded nature preserves. Notable parks include the Alum Creek State Park North with a lake, Alum Creek Park South with a skate and BMX parks, and the Westerville Sports Complex with soccer and sports fields. There is a library, and Westerville maintains its own fire and police departments. The city also operates two public swimming pools located at the Highland Parks Aquatic Center and the Westerville Community Center. Country Clubs in the area include The Lakes Golf and Country Club, The Medallion Club, and The Golf Club at Little Turtle.
Westerville has its own school district and has 15 elementary schools, 4 middle and 3 high schools. There are several private schools and religious schools offering K-8 programs and preschool childcare centers, and two offer middle and high schools.
Public: Westerville City School District
- 52-square-mile radius in northeastern Franklin and southern Delaware counties.
- School district serves students from Westerville, Minerva Park, Blendon Township, Genoa Township, portions of Columbus, and other nearby rural areas.
- 12th largest district in Ohio
- All three district high schools have been identified by Newsweek magazine as being among the best high schools in America.
Private: Northside Christian School, Oakstone Academy, St. Paul School
- Northside Christian School was founded in 1971 and is located in Westerville at 2655 Schrock Road. It is a religious, coeducational, preschool through grade 12. The 2020-2021 tuition fees range from $2,810-$6,900 a year however, tuition assistance and Merit Scholarships are available.
- Oakstone Academy, founded in 2000, is located in Westerville at 900 Club Drive. It is a full-day pre-kindergarten through 12th grade school that also offers special programs for children on the autism spectrum (ASD).
- St. Paul School is a Catholic school for grades kindergarten through eighth grade and also offers preschool. It is located in Westerville at 61 Moss Road. Tuition fees for the 2020-2021 range from $5,400 to $6,400 per year and financial assistance is available.
Higher Education: Otterbein University
- The Otterbein University was founded in 1847 and is located at 1 South Grove Street in Uptown Westerville. It is a private, liberal arts, four-year undergraduate institution that offers a graduate school.
Westerville Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.