iRealty Experts will help you find the perfect Worthington home for sale. Contact us today to experience the iRealty Experts difference.
Worthington is located approximately 12.0 miles north of downtown Columbus in Franklin County at the center of the state of Ohio’s crossroads; the intersection of US State Route 23 and State Route 161. This intersection creates easy access to Columbus and surrounding communities and towns. It is within a 20-minute drive to downtown Columbus.
About the Area
Worthington, founded in 1803, has a variety of housing choices that range from new construction to historic homes. Worthington features 16 public parks covering a total of over 200 acres. Many of the larger parks offer extensive athletic facilities and wooded nature preserves. Notable parks include the Sharon Woods Metro Park, Olentangy River Parklands, McCord Park, and Village Green, which is centered in the city’s historic district. There are 3 libraries, and Worthington maintains its own fire and police departments. The city also operates 2 public swimming pools located at the Worthington Community Center and Worthington Pools. Country Clubs in the area include The Worthington Hills Country Club, The Lakes Golf and Country Club, and The York Golf Club.
Worthington is known for its highly rated public schools, the Peggy R McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, and the Old Worthington historic district. The historic district offers shopping, dining, entertainment, and is the location for festivals, concerts, and a farmer’s market in the summer, and the holiday tree in the winter.
Westerville has its own school district and has 11 elementary schools, 4 middle and 2 high schools; it also offers an alternative school and Worthington Academy, a high school for students that are credit deficient and/or looking for a different educational environment. There are several private schools in Worthington.
Public: Worthington School District
- School district serves students from Worthington, village of Riverlea, and portions of Columbus.
- 92% graduation rate
- 90% of students continue to higher education
- Bluffsview Elementary School received National Blue Ribbon of Distinction in 2019
Private: Worthington Christian School, St. Michael School
- Worthington Christian School was founded in 1973 and is located in Westerville at 6675 Worthington Galena Road. It is a religious, coeducational, preschool through grade 12 school that is a two-time recipient of the prestigious National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence for Exemplary High Performance. The 2020-2021 tuition fees range from $4,699-$11,205 a year however, tuition assistance is available.
- St. Michael School, founded in 1946, is a Catholic school for grades kindergarten through eighth grade and also offers preschool. It is located in Westerville at 64 E. Selby Boulevard. Bus transportation is available for most areas of the Worthington, Olentangy, Columbus, and Dublin public school districts, funding reimbursement for transportation from areas of Westerville. For the most recent tuition rates, contact the school at (614) 885-3149.
Worthington Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.